Cedar are currently looking for a Part-Time Accounts Assistant on a temporary to permanent basis to join a medical communications agency remotely.
Reporting into the Financial Controller.
Remote working (25 hours per week- flexible on days/ start time)
£125- 128 per day (including holiday pay) £25,000-£28,000 pro rata on a permanent basis.
- Managing the purchase ledger including PO creation, invoice processing and obtaining approval in Xero.
- Check, monitor and process monthly expenses and credit cards (Xero).
- Assistance on the sales ledger.
- Creation of weekly payment run and assisting with bank reconciliations.
- Management of the email accounts.
- Credit control by phone & email and arranging timely payments from clients.
- Liaising with suppliers to provide remittances, information and resolve queries.
- Weekly time sheet management and reporting.
- Reconcile intercompany accounts.
- Assisting the Finance Manager with monthly management accounts.
- Other ad hoc duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong accuracy, numeracy, and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisation, planning and time management skills.
- A proactive and logical approach to problem solving.
- Experience of multiple financial systems such as Xero and Sage and project management software such as Synergist.
- Proficient in the use of a computer including MS Word, Excel, Google Apps and online applications.
- Good communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to work as part of a team and offer support and guidance to account managers.
- Confident, friendly personality.
- A 'can-do' attitude.
- Advantageous to have a working knowledge of Xero and/or Synergist.
If you are interested in this role please apply online ASAP, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.