Award winning and rapidly expanding global Consumer Electronics brand are looking for a Hardware Project Manager who will be responsible for managing all of the organisations current/future Consumer Electronics projects. You will work closely with multiple stakeholders and business units across the company, along with external clients and suppliers to ensure that all project requirements, deadlines and schedules are on track. Your day to day responsibilities will include company wide collation & evaluation of all project proposals and prioritisation of projects, in line with available resources. You will evaluate project proposals for financial viability and create detailed and accurate project plans with clear deliverables, establishing effective project communication and cross departmental buy in. As Project Manager you will drive the schedule on a continuous basis, in order to achieve the required Decision Points, Milestones and Release dates for Hardware, Software and Certification purposes, presenting regular status progress reports to senior management and highlighting any challenges that may hinder project delivery.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate proven experience in project management within the Consumer Electronics environment and the ability to lead project teams of various sizes.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Main point of contact for new project focus, evaluation and delivery.
- Liaising with other internal business units to ensure all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines and schedules.
- Meeting with project team members to identify and resolve issues.
- Submitting project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to quality standards.
- Establishing effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution.
- Facilitating change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
- Coordinating material such as Customer Support setup, APPs, Software, Graphical design, User Manuals, Website, Certification, Backend servers.
- Obtaining cross departmental sign off of all project deliverables.
- Degree or Masters Degree in a relevant field.
- Project Management Professional qualification - desirable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate/interact with people on all levels and nationality
- Gravitas and the ability to quickly gain respect across the company
- Proven experience in Project Management in a Consumer Electronics or IT related field.
- Ability to successfully run projects globally and lead teams to project delivery
- Understanding of project management methodologies, including Software development.
- Passion to drive the project accurately and in a timely manner to meet deadlines.
- Identify problems and instigate correction plans using technical experts to deliver
- Ability to arbitrate between Technical Excellence and the need to deliver a project on-time
- Coaching staff in order to get the best from team members involved in all projects.
- Working knowledge of systems - Microsoft Office, Teams, Basecamp / Teamwork projects /TeamGantt/ Plutio or similar.