Leading infrastructure/telco organisation are looking for a pro-active Project Controls Manager who has worked in a fast paced project/programme environment, this role would suit someone who has previously worked on large scale infrastructure programmes and has a proven track record of working in a PMO type role. The individual will be a confident and clear communicator who can present and interact with senior stakeholders and suppliers, the successful candidate will play a key part in supporting the £1b fibre network roll out, helping bridge the digital divide across rural England. This is an exciting time within the organisation as they ramp up projects and implement new systems to push on to meet their ambitious growth targets.
As Project Controls Manager you will support the project teams in validating contractor programmes of work, raising any risks or issues and providing reports and analysis on costs and budgets. Working closely with the Project Planner you will also help drive performance against the project plan to deliver on time, to cost and quality.
Knowledge & Skills
- Previous experience in a Project Control / PMO type role
- Demonstrable experience of budget management, cost control, production of reports
- Strong financial modelling skills, with the ability to produce create flexible and scenario based models
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Previous experience within large scale / large volume civils based infrastructure project and programmes of works
Key Accountability & Responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly reports on progress, estimated costs to complete/variances to budget.
- Working closely with the planner to check the data integrity of the work schedules supplied by 3rd Party contractors tracking and highlighting variances
- Manage change requests, ensuring any associated cost impact is within governance
- Preparation of the business forecasts for cost and volumes highlighting any risks to delivery
- Support the implementation and embedding of the new Project Controls system; PRISM
- Manage the process of project closure, ensuring all works are completed, signed off, payments are finalised and closed on project completion
- Provide financial modelling support to the business for key commercial and investment decisions