£400 - £550 per day + WFH
17 days ago
Central Government client is looking for an SC cleared Portfolio Office planner to work flexibly across the Portfolio to drive effective planning activities in line with PPM best practice and to produce key planning artefacts.
Key Tasks / outputs
- Produce a high level Portfolio level plan to ensure all key milestones are captured and align to lower level programme and project plans
- Create an integrated Portfolio Plan (MSP) highlighting assurance points, the critical path and dependencies across the Programme. Maintaining a portfolio delivery map and critical path to monitor project progress. Recognise and track interdependencies across change projects.
- Provide detailed planning support to Programmes within the Portfolio
- Ensure Project plans fed into the Portfolio Office conform to best practice guidance where available
- Work flexibly and collaboratively across the Portfolio to assist PMOs, providing assurance that their Programme plans are coherent and realistic
- Develop & mature project planning standards & best practice; advise on ongoing implementation.
- Carry out programme and project planning for the Programme, maintaining high level plans and detailed MSP plans on behalf of the Head of PMO
- Hold monthly meetings with internal and external workstream leads before the monthly returns are due
- Analyse monthly returns, update the plans and provide feedback ahead of engagement meetings
- Proactively engage with workstream leads if necessary
- Support the PMO to produce the monthly projects reports commission
- Contribute to Board papers if required
- Organise and facilitate planning workshops (ad hoc)
- Provide project planning consultancy to the Programme
- Provide project planning consultancy to emerging programmes & projects within the wider business
- Significant experience of creating and maintaining robust project and programme plans for large scale government programmes in line with PPM best practice
- Ability to generate Portfolio and Programme level timelines from a range of sources - from interpreting scarce data to detailed L4 planning data and, ability to interpret and convert Excel and Visual plans into MSP plans in line with industry standard best practice.
- Robust understanding of Assumption and Dependency management processes.
- Expert in Microsoft project and Microsoft Office/Google suite.
- PPM Qualification e.g. Prince2 & APMP.
- Significant stakeholder engagement skills including experience of facilitating plan development workshops, and running training sessions for PPM and non-PPM trained staff. Assisting with planning skills and knowledge transfer to civil servants.
- Experience of planning in a Portfolio environment
- Experience of planning in a Project & Programme environment
SC clearance is required.