As a procurement specialist for this great FMCG brand, your primary focus will be to provide procurement expertise across a broad range of indirect categories.
Within this role, you will take accountability for a variety of procurement activies due to a combination of ongoing projects as well as more regular tasks - these include;
- sourcing and negotiating with new suppliers,
- spend and data analysis to identify opportunities for savings and efficiencies
- contract review and management,
- Building and maintaining strong supplier relationships to ensure appropriate delivery of contractual services
- Work collaboratively with the manufacturing sites and with key internal stakeholders to ensure a procurement lead approach to the identification of new suppliers and the management of existing suppliers.
- Collaborating with the supplier base to identify key contractual and commercial elements that will enable ongoing improvement
- Support decision-making by conducting market analysis to help identify new opportunities and new solutions to ongoing cost-saving targets and initiatives
- Help to support the development and transformation of the procurement function by being an agent and ambassador for change.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Expertise as an indirect buyer/indirect procurement specialist
- Ideally an appreciation of the FMCG industry, or a genuine passion and appreciation for fast-paced industries
- A desire to visit suppliers and internal stakeholders across the manufacturing sites on a bi-weekly basis to build a strong relationship
- An analytical mindset, and will be proactive at identifying new opportunities for efficiencies
- capability in reviewing contracts and negotiating terms with suppliers
In return you will receive:
- A salary between £45,000 and £55,000 plus bonus and other benefits
- Hybrid working with 2 days in the office
- Support for professional development, including CIPS
- Excellent career progression with genuine examples of internal mobility and strong retention