Cedar are supporting a Train Operator who are on the look for a Procurement Manager for their ICT category. This is a permanent role and will be a mixture of home and office based (in Central London) offering a salary up to £50,000 per annum plus a range of benefits which include a c15% bonus, competitive pension package and free and/or discounted train fares.
Reporting into the Senior Procurement Manager you will have responsibility for individual elements of the organisations procurement activity, working with other departments to ensure they follow best practice and deliver best value for the business through all procurement activities. You will work to deliver procurement exercises primarily (but not exclusively) related to your assigned category along with supporting a wide range of other procurement and contract activities.
Candidates applying for this role MUST HAVE:
- Experience working in the Public Sector and/or with an organisation in the Rail environment
- Experience working in a Procurement Officer/Manager or similar role
- Strong understanding of public procurement regulations (ideally experience with Utilities regulations) is required
- Understanding of the ICT Category is required
- Ideally MCIPS qualified or part qualified/working towards MCIPS