Cedar are supporting a Fortune 500 company who are on the look for a Procurement Manager. This role will be Home Based but will require occasional travel on-site in Bristol (expected to be 1-2 days per month) with a salary of up to £50,900 plus Benefits on offer.
This role will be responsible for:
- Ensuring commercial activity is performed to the highest standards and maintained to be able to provide advice to internal/external stakeholders, conforms to EU Procurement Regulations and internal Policies/Procedures and is monitored to ensure continuous improvement with the overall aim of obtaining best value for money.
- Pro-actively participate in development and implementation of Category Strategies to ensure these fully satisfy requirements which may also include drafting and issuing ITTs/ITNs, contracts etc. and manage the associated procurement process up to and beyond contract award
- Effectively manage contracts by building strong working relationships with both contractor, customer and colleagues where necessary
- Negotiating contract terms, conditions and prices for Procurement activity with a view to delivering value for money/savings
Candidates applying MUST HAVE experience which covers:
- Ideally be MCIPS qualified or working towards full qualification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team and engage with Stakeholders
- Hands on experience and understanding of running procurements in line with PCR2015
- Experience in the Public Sector or in Defence in a similar role covering Procurement, Category Management, Contract Management and/or Commercial Management.