Public Sector Organisation
Hampshire (hybrid/ flexible working)
Up to £43,930
I am working with a Public Sector Organisation who are going through growth and are recruiting a Procurement Manager to join the team!
The Procurement Manager will take responsibility for various assigned spend categories (Category Management) of spend and create and lead cross-functional sourcing teams to deliver significant demonstrable cost savings and other efficiency's, in conjunction with the senior category manager.
- Work alongside the senior category manager to develop and lead the procurement related strategy for various assigned spend categories, from the creation of category plans to supplier selection, to solution implementation, to supplier relationship management.
- Carry out detailed assessment/ analysis of issues, problems and opportunities to analyse supply market players, supply market conditions and relevant cost drivers in order to scope, procurement, implement and deliver compliant, quality and value for money.
- Provide expert advice and guidance on legislation and regulations relating to procurement.
- In accordance with the category plan, prepare tender documentation ensuring compliance with internal regulations and external requirements (including procurement and other relevant legislation, where relevant grant conditions). Identify and liaise with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Skill level equivalent to achievement of HND, Degree, NVQ4 or basic professional qualification.
- Proven experience of planning and progressing work activities within broad professional guidelines and/ or broad organisational policy.
The organisation offer circa 40 days annual leave (including bank holidays) and an attractive pension contribution + other benefits! They also offer funding for professional qualifications such as CIPS.
Please get in touch with Eilidh Sproul at Cedar for more information!