Bid Management Support:
As a Procurement Manager you will be responsible for partnering with business units to support their procurement activities across critical suppliers. You will manage pre-sales engagement with the sales and bid teams to support and direct supply chain strategies that result in ensuring Group contracts with the right suppliers to underpin its strategic goals. Advising and leading on the procurement process will be required.
Financial Management Supply Chain:
You will review the business unit's supply chain alongside the commercial and finance directors to identify key efficiency opportunities to contribute towards the divisional margin improvement targets, direct and advise on the procurement programmes required to drive best in class supply chains and support the creation of the strategic procurement forecast / pipeline underpinning annual procurement plans.
Supply chain risk:
You will work with the commercial teams to review the supply chain risks in the business units, to create mitigation plans and manage and report risks in line with the divisional risk register and KCQ.
You will support the business to drive procurement performance improvements across the division, being a point of contact for all procurement tasks, advising and directing day to day procurement tasks through either self-serve processes within the division or direct into the group procurement team for category management.
Responsible business supply chain:
Supporting the Procurement Director to report on divisional supply chain sustainable performance and leading initiatives to support environmental, social and governance (ESG) objectives
Supply Chain SME Champion:
Supporting the Procurement Director to lead the SME Supply Chain agenda across the division, supporting the group procurement Group targets and creating improvement plans to ensure ongoing compliance to the Government's target of 33% SME Supply Chain, reporting annually.
General Procurement responsibilities:
- Responsible for compliance to procurement policy and process across the Division including Public sector procurement procedures, including rules under PCR 2015
- Manage the portfolio of divisional projects across all key stakeholder groups to deliver the required Procurement savings
- Delivers value to the business through the application of strategic sourcing activity and brings new sourcing options to the table
- Maintaining and monitoring the contracts register and supporting and advising the business units
- Contract Finder and Public Procurement methodology and navigating sourcing options; recognised as a subject matter expert on public procurement methodology;