£45000 - £50000 per annum
24 days ago
Procurement Manager l Bristol / Remote Working l Up to £50,000 l Public Sector Procurement
Cedar are supporting a Fortune 500 company who are on the look for a Procurement Manager covering Medical Equipment and Clothing. This is a permanent position which will be based predominantly based from Home and will require occasional travel on-site in Bristol (expected to be 1 day per month) with a salary of up to £50,000 on offer. This is an ideal position for a strong Procurement manager with public sector experience to further their career by within an organisation prestigious organisation which supplies a global network of clients.
The ideal Procurement will have strong knowledge of running open tenders in line with public sector procurement regulations and excellent contract management knowledge.
This role will report into the Senior Procurement Manager and will be responsible for:
- Ensuring commercial activity is performed to the highest standards and maintained to be able to provide advice to internal/external stakeholders, conforms to EU Procurement Regulations and internal Policies/Procedures and is monitored to ensure continuous improvement with the overall aim of obtaining best value for money.
- End to End running of open competition tendering processes.
- Proactively participate in development and implementation of Category Strategies to ensure these fully satisfy requirements which may also include drafting and issuing ITTs/ITNs, contracts etc. and manage the associated procurement process up to and beyond contract award.
- Effective management of a portfolio of 70 contracts ranging in value from £1m to £30m, by building strong working relationships with both contractor, customer and colleagues where necessary.
- Negotiating contract terms, conditions and prices for Procurement activity with a view to delivering value for money/savings.
Candidates applying MUST HAVE experience which covers:
- Ideally MCIPS and/or IACCM qualified (or working towards)
- Experience in a recent role covering either Procurement, Category Management, Contract Management or Commercial Management in the UK Public Sector or services into the Public Sector
- Hands on (recent) experience running OJEU/PCR compliant Procurements (defence sector experience would be advantageous but is not required)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team and engage with Stakeholders