£40000.00 - £48000.00 per annum + Public Sector Pension, CIPS
11 days ago
Cedar are supporting a Public Sector client based in Essex who are recruiting for several Procurement Manager positions. These roles are on an initial 12 Month Fixed Term Contract (FTC) with the potential to convert to a full time permanent position with a salary range between £40,000 up to £48,000 on offer.
These opportunities will be home based, in line with current government guidance, and may then revert to a mix of home and office based (confirmed as 1-2 days in the office when required) - our client has a drive for roles to remain home based and as a result welcome applications outside of the typically commuting location.
The Procurement Manager will report into the Head of Procurement and will have no line management responsibilities. Successful candidates will work with key stakeholders to scope out requirements for a range of goods/services and assess the market to determine the best approach for spend.
You will lead the development, maintenance and implementation of category strategies, ensure there is alignment to organisational objectives with a focus on implementing innovative approaches/solutions to deliver complex end to end project and procurements in line with OJEU/PCR2015 and internal policies. You will also be required to manage strategic suppliers and their contracts and to negotiate all commercial and/or contractual terms to achieve positive outcomes.
Candidates applying for this role MUST HAVE:
- Ideally MCIPS qualified (or working towards) or equivalent qualifications/work experience
- Experience and understanding of Category Management methodologies to deliver cost savings and/or service improvements
- Experience running end to end Procurements in the Public Sector in line with PCR and OJEU regulations would be advantageous
- Strong experience of negotiating with Suppliers and managing stakeholders
- Experience in categories covering areas such as ICT, Waste Management, Corporate Services, Social Care (Adult & Children Services) and Property/Constructions would be advantageous.