£35000 - £50000 per annum
5 months ago
- Support the execution of sourcing activity including the preparation and management of tender processes (RFIs/ RFPs), supplier appraisal and selection, negotiation and contract.
- Assess and negotiate new supplier T&Cs and onboarding new suppliers in terms of set-up.
- Work flexibly delivering commercial projects as required to maximize value for the organization.
- Ensuring all commercial activity completed in line with Procurement Policy
- Raising purchase orders, managing through to delivery
- Analysis of supply failures and corrective action
- Take responsibility for actions and analyzing issues whilst delivering the solution to all root causes - not quick fixes
- Identify risk within the supply chain and manage the appropriate plans to address these in line with recognized tools and standards
- Experience of working in a commercial environment, with relevant exposure to Procurement principles and techniques
- Experience in a distribution/logistics procurement role highly desirable, including sourcing packaging materials
- Experience in working as part of a cross-functional team and influencing others in order to land business change
- First rate written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of managing suppliers and stakeholders
- Experience of commercial negotiation with suppliers
- Knowledge of contract law desirable