Procurement Director - Consultancy . £100,000 - £120,000 + 20% Bonus . Remote Work . Procurement Consultancy
Cedar are currently working with a well-known, UK based procurement consultancy to find three Director level Procurement Consultants (known internally as market partners) to take the lead on three of their industry verticals. Each Procurement Director will be responsible for the overall delivery of procurement consultancy services to clients within their industry verticals and for growing the industry vertical through both expanding services within their existing client base and winning business with new clients. The organisation delivers innovative solutions to support and transform procurement functions for their clients across the UK and cover a range of industries in both the public and private sector. They are currently looking for people to lead their Transport, Central Government and Defence, and Private sector portfolios.
This is an excellent opportunity for a strong Procurement Professional, with business development experience within a consultancy environment to join a fast growing consultancy and work with a wide variety of clients and consulting projects and to have real control of the direction of their market to contribute to further growth and success. The ideal candidate will be a commercially astute procurement consultant with a proven track record of winning business within a consultancy environment. They will also have track record of managing client relationships and the delivery of client engagements through effective management of delivery teams. Aligning to one of the three industry verticals (Private Sector, Central Government and Defence or Transport) will be a significant advantage.
Key responsibilities of the Procurement Director
- Oversee account delivery, including engagement management, for clients within your industry
- Oversee engagement managers on relevant sector activity
- Ensure successful delivery on projects including Opportunity Assessments, Savings Delivery and Programmes, Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, Contract and Supplier Relationship Management, Transformation, Project and Programme Management, Strategy Writing among others
- Promote growth in your industry vertical through up selling services and winning new clients
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience working in a leadership role in a consultancy environment
- Experience of business development and winning new clients
- Direct and Indirect People Management Experience
- Background in Procurement / Supply-chain
Salary and Benefits
- £100,000 - £120,000 base
- 20% Bonus
- Remote work / home working (occasional business travel)
- Additional Fringe Benefits
Apply Now to Be Considered!