Procurement Consultant . Financial Services . East London/ Remote (Hybrid) . £70,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Cedar are currently working with a global financial services organisation, specialising in development finance, in order to find a procurement professional to join their procurement Consultancy team. The client is a renowned organisation who undertake numerous projects across the globe. to promote entrepreneurial initiative in developing markets. They're looking for intelligent, ambitious individuals to advise on procurement processes across various projects, liaising directly with project teams in order to ensure cost-effective contracts and best practise in procurement. This is an ideal role for experienced procurement professional who wants to play a key passing driving global change.
The procurement consultant will work across various initiatives, working with both internal project teams and external stakeholders, to ensure compliant and commercially effective procurement of any services required. They will predominantly be procuring, IT and professional services contracts so having experience in one of those areas will be useful. They will also be advising on best practise to ensure robust processes are followed, so a strong understanding of the fundamentals of procurement and experience within a regulated environment is a plus. Finally, as they will be working with the diverse range of stakeholders, having a proactive mindset and being a good communicator are essential for the role. The procurement consultant will be joining a small team and reporting into a senior consultant, however they will have plenty of opportunity to run their own projects and will have a lot of agency in decision making. As such, this will be a fantastic opportunity someone who is used to working independently and would like more responsibility and ability to effect change.
Key responsibilities of the Procurement Consultant
- Devising, planning and implementing a schedule of on-going and planned procurement projects that represent best practice procurement, respond to operational needs and comply with the Bank's Policy, Directive and Procedures;
- Analyse and identify areas of expenditure where there are opportunities to maximise cost and operational efficiencies;
- Establishing effective and professional working relationships with internal stakeholders and where relevant participate in and provide advice to project teams established to manage specific procurement projects;
- Developing and preparing recommendations on procurement projects and contract awards to the Principal, Associate Director, Directors of User Departments and other key stakeholders;
- Direct commercial negotiations and communication with consultants;
- Contribute to the development of enhancements to procurement processes and strategies in support of the growth and continuous improvement of the team
- Collate and review market data and make recommendations in relation to specific procurement projects.
- Train and mentor junior staff.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Procurement experience in at least one of the following categories: Consultancy and other Professional Services, IT Services, IT Hardware & IT Software
- Knowledge and experience of designing and implementing best practice procurement. Ideally gained in a Consultancy Services firm (3-6 years' experience) or an internal Procurement function organisation (5-12 years' experience).
- Experience in analysis of procurement expenditure/contracts and implementation of best practice procurement;
- Experience in the collection and analysis of market data;
- Experience using SAP Ariba
You will get
- £70,000 (UK gross equivalent)
- 12% flex fund
- Performance based Bonus
- Hybrid Working
- Further Benefits
Apply Now to be Considered!