Role: Procurement Business Partner
Role Type: Permanent
Salary: £56k - £58k per annum
Location: Remote/Central London
Purpose of Role:
To implement a category management approach to ensure that goods, services and works are procured efficiently and achieve value for money through providing procurement and commercial expertise, and market knowledge.
This role is responsible for developing and implementing category, procurement and contract management strategies, leading on high value complex procurement projects, providing procurement expertise, managing and developing third party suppliers.
- Develop and implement category and procurement strategies, seeking agreement with business areas, to meet the objectives Considering such things as stakeholder views, latest thinking, best practice and legislative requirements.
- To establish and maintain excellent collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, at all levels to deliver joined-up approaches to the delivery of goods, services and works. Establish and maintain an accurate forward plan of contracts covering all current and future requirements.
- Provide expert and professional advice, guidance, challenge and support on internal Procurement Policy and Procedures and the Public Contracts Regulations as well as other relevant legislation.
- Lead on high value complex procurement projects, in line with agreed strategies, taking responsibility for market engagement, option appraisals, the procurement process, evaluations, negotiations and contract execution.
- To monitor and review the third party spend to ensure compliance and value for money are achieved. Identifying and realising opportunities for cashable and non-cashable savings.
- To help develop and support the Groups approach to social value and social impact on suppliers.
- Experience and knowledge in developing and successfully delivering category, procurement and / or contract management strategies; realising cashable and non-cashable benefits.
- Relevant experience as a professional expert in a large complex organisation with expert knowledge in the specialist field.
- Significant experience and knowledge of delivering procurement projects on time and to budget using a structured methodology e.g. PRINCE2.
- Experience in leading a range of public procurement procedures including Competitive Dialogue, Competitive Procedure with Negotiation and establishment of framework agreements.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the systems, policies, procedures, professional guidelines, legislation, best practice and emerging developments within the scope of the categories of spend.
- Proven people management skills and experience.
- Understanding of commercial contract terms and conditions.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, including influencing skills and ability to develop business networks and work collaboratively.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong presentation skills, good IT skills including MS Office applications and specialist systems.
- Relevant professional qualification(s) e.g. CIPS.