£55000 - £60000 per annum + working from home/flex working
20 days ago
An Innovative and newly formed public sector organisation are looking for a Procurement & Commercial Manager to be the key interface for the construction and development frameworks within the organisation. You will provide technical and commercial leadership on all construction related developments - including residential and mixed use, in order to deliver the best possible outcomes on both cost and quality. You will manage the department's existing frameworks of consultants and contractors, lead on the procurement of new/replacement frameworks and work closely with the wider Procurement Team. This role requires recent and proven experience of tendering and contracts management within the public sector, using OJEU regulations and Public Sector Procurement law. NEC3 and JCT experience would also be highly desirable.
- Provide technical and commercial leadership and support the department on procurement, construction frameworks, supply chain, contracts and cost planning
- Lead on the procurement of new and replacement frameworks, in line with public sector procurement law
- Act as an advisor on development/construction procurement, frameworks, supply chain and contracts
- Maintain and develop 'approved supplier lists' for non-framework services and novate/assign framework agreements
- Oversee compliance with relevant legal and regulatory requirements (including public sector procurement law), corporate policies and procedures
- Present MI about suppliers to assist project managers with tendering and selection decisions - e.g. capabilities information, performance data, financial standing
- Analyse data relating to procurement, supply chain, contracts and cost planning, to present to senior management.
- Keep abreast of market conditions affecting construction costs/tender prices and provide regular summary reports
- Evidence of commercial acumen
- Knowledge and understanding of contracts and supply chain arrangements in property development and construction
- Relevant construction or procurement related qualification MRICS, MCIPS