PQ Finance Manager (maternity cover)
Based in Chichester
£45,000 to £50,000 (dependent on relevant experience)
Hybrid working - 3 days in the office.
We have partnered with an award winning West Sussex Publishers who are recruiting for a proven and proactive PQ Finance Manager to oversee and lead a team of 5.
The successful candidate will prepare management accounts (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow) for 3 trading entities to tight deadlines and act as deputy to the Head of Finance, supporting the wider Finance team of 12 in a hands-on way.
The role will pay between £45,000 to £50,000 (dependent on relevant experience).
- Both managing and performing key areas of month end close.
- Preparation and submission of Group VAT Return
- Preparing interim and year end audit deliverables to a tight timetable for external audit
- Monthly balance sheet and intercompany reconciliations
- Sales reconciliations, payment allocations and investigation
- Stock postings and management
- Cost centre reviews
- Working cross-functionally with the Technology team and Finance Systems Manager to initiate and see through transformation projects to improve and automate controls and month end processes.
- Drive improvements in the month end close process and management accounts reporting
- Studying towards ACA, CIMA or ACCA
- Dynamics 365 F&O experience
- Proactive strong hands-on experience in managing and training up management accountants in a very fast paced and dynamic industry environment.
- Positive determination to drive systems and financial process improvements in a high growth organisation.
- Ability to prioritise and deliver to tight deadlines and proactively take on ad-hoc project work as required.
- Strong professional and personal drive and the commitment to produce the highest quality work at all times.
- Publishing industry and/or stock-based business experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.