£70000 - £78000 per annum
18 days ago
Portfolio PMO - London - Charitable Sector
A leading Charity we're currently looking to support are hiring for a Portfolio PMO to join the business in what is a key hire for the organisation.
- Drives the definition and execution of governance of the portfolio of transformation projects, providing information and insights that allow effective decision-making and engagement of senior stakeholders.
- This role creates and maintains the integrated plan for the portfolio and is in a unique position to provide analysis and recommendations on investment priorities and on optimising the integrated delivery schedule.
- The role combines a professional hands-on approach with the ability to energise team members to fulfil their potential.
- Proactively drives cross project collaboration in order to create an integrated plan for the portfolio, ensuring that the information from each project is consolidated and updated as part of monthly reporting
- Analyses the feasibility of the integrated plan, providing insights on challenges and ensuring that the work is done to identify options for overcoming obstacles to the plan
- Organises and chairs a monthly review of the integrated portfolio plan where challenges and options are discussed and proposals for changes agreed. This includes proposals for projects to be included or removed from the portfolio
- Ensures the portfolio maintains integrity, coherence and alignment with the organisation's strategic objectives
- Selects and deploys tools required for effective portfolio management
- Define, deploy and maintain a governance structure for effective decision making at all levels of the portfolio
- Define the roles for each level of the governance structure and the relationship, escalation paths and information flows between each governance element
- Monitor the Governance setup to ensure it is fit for purpose and revise the process to ensure continuous improvement where deemed necessary
Risk Management and Compliance
- Defines, implements and promotes best practice risk management process and tools
- Oversees maintenance of the portfolio risk register
- Ensures the portfolio is in compliance with legislation, regulation, internal policies and standards
- Tracks and manages monthly expenditure against budget for transformation projects, including proactively identifying opportunities to manage contingency and re-balance costs and resources across the portfolio
- Take responsibility for ensuring that benefits are identified on each project in accordance with the agreed benefits management approach
- Ensure that benefits are tracked and reported on a quarterly basis, driving investigation into any significant change in expected benefits
- Report the benefits status and supporting commentary to governance boards
- Own and maintain the benefits management approach, adapting as learnings are identified
- Ensure that projects have the mechanisms in place to identify dependencies with other projects in the portfolio
- Consolidate the information from each project to derive a portfolio view and then drive the management of the interdependencies
- Work in close collaboration with the Architecture Team to fully understand the technical interdependencies that impact the delivery of the portfolio
- Present options and recommendations to the Portfolio Board for the deployment of the portfolio based on interdependencies and risks
- Ensure interdependencies are fed into the integrated plan and any impact on critical path as a result of interdependencies is flagged to the Transformation Steering Group
- Be the central point of contact for the Global Comms team to get information on the portfolio, liaising with Project Delivery where needed for input
- Ensure communications developed are fit for purpose and meet the needs of the portfolio and follow an effective review and sign off process before distribution
- Manages the repository of shared communication material to maximise its re-use by all teams
- Defines, implements and promotes best practice capacity and resource management process and tools for all initiatives within the portfolio
- Creates capacity reports and dashboards relevant for decision-making.
- Defines, implements and promotes best practice change control process and tools for the management of the portfolio
- Ensures changes to the portfolio initiatives are registered, documented, impact assessed, governed and communicated
- Initiates investigation when changes have been made without following appropriate process
- Develops, implements, and promotes best practices for portfolio management, working closely with the Head of Project Delivery and the Head of Change Delivery so that there is a seamless integration between Project, Change, and Portfolio Management practices.
- Builds a quality mind-set, through the definition, implementation and promotion of best practice and high standards.
- Assigns and develops individuals to support the portfolio management process
- Develops and provides accurate, relevant and timely information for portfolio prioritisation and decision making
- Accountable for creating dashboards and reports for effective decision making at governance boards including, but not limited to, Portfolio Meeting and Transformation Steering Group
- Ensure projects understand the reporting processes, what is required from them and ensure their inputs are received in a timely manner
Requisite Skills and Experience
- Significant prior experience in managing portfolios with IT related projects including global deployments with multinational projects and strong leadership skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to align change initiatives with strategic goals
- Excellent analysis and insight capability
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral English), including the ability to communicate and present to senior stakeholders (including at executive level).
- Proven experience in, and detailed knowledge of, project and change management practices, standards and methodologies
- Experienced in the use of portfolio management tools and is able to bring with them knowledge of tools most suitable to support business activities understanding the context and capabilities across the teams
- Able to build strong relationships within the organisation and influence others
- Experienced in analysing and extracting top-level information to be shared with senior stakeholders
- Proven experience in skills mentoring and coaching