£16.00 - £20.00 per hour
20 days ago
Pensions Team Leader | Tower Hamlets/Remote working | 3 Month Contract | £20ph Umbrella (Inside IR35)
I am currently recruiting for an urgent interim Pensions Team Leader to join the team of a public sector organisation based in Tower Hamlets. This is to provide additional support whilst the permanent hire is recruited, therefore the contract may be extended.
The purpose of this role is to support the Head of Pensions and Treasury and Pensions Manager in providing an excellent service to the Council delivering a customer focused and cost effective service.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Ensuring the accuracy of the preparation, processing and payment of benefits to scheme members.
- Providing reports, information, accounting and advisory services for Pension Scheme Members.
- Promoting and marketing the Local Authorities Pension Scheme.
- Developing the implementation of policies and strategies.
- Deputising for the Pensions Administration Manager as and when required.
To be considered for this role you must have extensive knowledge, experience and expertise on Local Government Pension (LGPS), with prior experience of using Altair Pensions Admin System extensively. Other experience required:
- Ability to raise task on Altair
- Knowledge of workflow system
- Experience of managing staff.
- Familiar with Heywood pensions Scanning system.
- Ability to provide pensions advise to pension officers, employers and scheme members.
- Working knowledge and experience of LGPS Regulations.
The successful candidate will be working remotely whilst current COVID-19 restrictions remain in place.