£55000 - £63000 per annum + 10% pension + 27 days hols + bens
13 days ago
A Pension Accounting Manager is sought by one of the UK's leading pension schemes; with well over £10bn AUM they are growing particularly quickly both in terms of member numbers and assets under management.
The post of Pension Accounting Manager has recently been created and the incumbent will report to the Head of Pension Accounting. Duties will include:
- Assisting in the production of high quality monthly pension scheme accounts and annual report & accounts.
- Maintaining & developing appropriate financial controls that remain fit-for-purpose as the scheme continues to grow.
- Ensuring all financial data flowing from the Scheme Administrator and Fund Administrator to the scheme G/L is recorded on an accurate and timely basis.
- Overseeing the accounting for scheme expenditure; recording & analysing costs as relevant.
- Supporting the relationships with external advisors (bank, tax, auditors etc…
- A range of ad hoc projects to support an ever growing organisation.
The successful candidate for the post of Pension Accounting Manager will:
- Be a fully qualified accountant.
- Ideally have prior experience working for a pension fund, a third party administrator or in pension fund audit.
- Demonstrate strong financial reporting skills that may have been gained either in industry or practice.
- Enjoy working as part of a team to improve financial processes & controls.
- Thrive in an environment where there is significant contact with senior management.