Cedar are currently looking for a Payroll Project Manager to join an Insurance company on an interim basis.
Salary: paying up to £70,000 per annum
Duration: 6 months
Office locations: London or Northampton but you are able to work 100% remote if preferred.
Report into: Financial Controller
Direct reports: x2 Junior Payroll Clerks
It is an essential requirement that you have experience using the system Dayforce Ceridian
You'll be assisting with other data, payroll, or reward-related tasks and projects. You'll need a comprehensive knowledge of the interlinks with finance, including payroll journals. As well as a strong working knowledge of a complex UK payroll and associated HR and payroll systems. You'll be working with the people team, shared services, and finance teams to make sure effectiveness, accuracy, sign-off, and error resolution are maintained.
What you will be doing:
- Producing and quality-checking the monthly UK payroll
- End-to-end processing of the UK Payroll
- Maintaining and managing the compliance of the auto-enrolment pension scheme. As well as producing monthly reconciliations for finance and uploads to the pension provider
- Producing employee documentation, including payslips, P60's, P11d's, and P45's
- Making sure we're compliant with current legislation as well as statutory and contractual requirements
- Reconciliations, HMRC requirements, and year-end processing
- Reviewing and improving payroll and associated administrative processes
- Managing pension memberships and making sure they translate to the UK payroll
- Experienced in managing the whole process of the payroll experience
- Experienced with Dayforce Ceridian that knows how to automatically add payroll benefits
- Able to show year-end experience (P11D and HMRC)
- Very knowledgeable of UK employment tax and statutory pay policies
- Up to date with legislation for payroll and pensions
- Excellent with numbers, and detail, and is accuracy-focused
- Experienced with excel skills and happy working within tight processes
- A compassionate and confident decision-maker around error resolution
- An excellent communicator and thrives in getting the best out of other people
If this role is of interest, please apply online ASAP.