Cedar are currently looking for a Payroll Executive to join one of the UK's leading Accountancy firms on a permanent basis.
There are 2 locations that you can work from: London or Reading
You would be expected in the office 1 day per week.
Salary: between £29,000- £34,500 depending on experience
- Maintaining client payrolls processing around 1000 headcount.
- Understanding current PAYE and NIC legislation that affect payroll.
- Ensuring all starters, leavers, benefits, and allowances information is entered on to the Payroll database and update the relevant spreadsheet to record all entries made.
- Calculating leavers pay when leaving mid-month.
- Calculating of statutory payments.
- Processing P45 forms.
- Printing and sort payslips for distribution.
- Running payroll reports.
- Ensuring monthly salary payment for client payrolls are transferred to the correct accounts in a timely manner.
- Uploading FPS and EPS reports to HMRC as required.
- Understanding of the payroll software and its functionality.
- Responding to client queries regarding payroll in a professional and timely manner.
- Dealing with HMRC correspondence enquiries.
- Maintaining an up to date client status schedule.
- Dealing with general administrative duties, as requested.
- Assisting the Supervisors with BACS uploading.
- Reviewing / Quality Check Associates' payrolls to ensure accuracy.
- Resolving any issues with clients / deal with complaints / escalations.
- Reviewing payrolls to ensure effective processing.
Attributes, Requirements, Skills:
- Qualification with the CIPP in terms of either a National Payroll Certificate or Year 1 of the Foundation Degree in Payroll Management completed, or equivalent, is highly desirable
- A strong work ethic and willingness to assist other members of the team when required.
- Able to multi-task and to prioritise payroll workload
- Good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Have a knowledge of changes to legislation which effect payroll
- Confident and competent in dealing with clients
- Have a working knowledge of MS Office
- Good time keeping/punctuality
If you are interested in this role please apply online ASAP.