Cedar are currently looking for a Senior Payroll Specialist to join a Financial Institution in London on an interim basis.
- Duration: 6 months ( no chance of going permanent)
- Salary: Paying up to £63,000 ( pro rata) depending on experience
- Working structure: Hybrid -2 days per week in the office
- Hours: 9:00 -17:15
- Reporting into Head of payroll
Payroll for UK, Africa, and Asia
- Supporting the monthly UK payroll process for a current workforce of 525 utilising ADP Freedom.
- Processing monthly payroll for 12 overseas countries in Asia and Africa, covering a total of approx. 85 employees using various providers (e.g., KMPG, Grant Thornton and ADP Streamline) including collation of data for any outsourced payroll administration (i.e., BDO and Atlas).
- Liaison with finance team including month-end reporting.
- Creating where necessary and updating payroll process notes and procedures on a regular basis.
- Ensuring adherence to HR and People Policies.
- Assisting with company statutory year-end audits and internal audits in respect of payroll.
- Responding to employee payroll queries.
- Providing support for various payroll projects where required
- Other duties as specified by the International Payroll Lead.
- Cover for International Payroll Lead in times of absence.
- Payroll clinic
Background, skills, aptitude
- Thrives working in a fast paced, changing environment and in a small, effective team.
- Experience of processing UK & overseas payrolls, ideally Africa & Asia
- Awareness of payroll legislation UK, Africa & Asia.
- Experience in using HR & payroll systems, and ability to find and extract relevant data.
- Exceptional organisational skills working across a number of BAU processes and payrolls simultaneously.
- Willingness to work autonomously, take responsibility, use initiative, and exercise judgement where appropriate.
- Proactive, can-do attitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to follow defined processes in the processing of information and data while critically analysing and proposing improvements.
- Willing and able to share ideas and suggestions, verbally or in writing, in a positive and impactful way.
- Ability to gather necessary information and make informed decisions which stand up to scrutiny
If this role is of interest, please apply online ASAP.