Cedar are currently looking for a Payroll Associate to join one of the UK's leading Accountancy firms on a permanent basis.
You would be expected in the office 1 day per week.
Salary: up to £25,000 depending on experience
- Maintaining a portfolio of client payrolls
- Understanding of current PAYE and NIC legislation that affects payroll.
- Ensuring all starters, leavers, benefits, and allowances information is entered on to the Payroll database and update the relevant spreadsheet to record all entries made
- Calculating leavers pay when leaving mid-month
- Calculating statutory payments
- Processing P45 forms
- Printing and sort payslips for distribution
- Running payroll reports
- Ensuring monthly salary payment for client payrolls are transferred to the correct accounts in a timely manner
- Uploading FPS and EPS reports to HMRC as required
- Completing return of expenses and benefits forms P11D and P11D(b)
- Understanding the payroll software and its functionality
- Responding to client queries regarding payroll in a professional and timely manner
- Dealing with HMRC correspondence enquiries
- Maintaining an up to date client status schedule
- Dealing with general administrative duties, as requested
Attributes, Requirements, Skills:
- Qualification with the CIPP in terms of either a National Payroll Certificate or Year 1 of the Foundation Degree in Payroll Management completed, or equivalent, is highly desirable
- A strong work ethic and willingness to assist other members of the team when required.
- Able to multi-task and to prioritise payroll workload
- Good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Have a knowledge of changes to legislation which effect payroll
- Confident and competent in dealing with clients
- Have a working knowledge of MS Office
- Good time keeping/punctuality
If you are interested in this role please apply online ASAP.