Cedar are currently looking for a Payroll & Pensions Manager to join a company based in Camberley on an interim basis.
Duration: 6-8 months
Day rate: £275 per day PAYE
Hybrid working: 1 day in the office per week
Key purpose of the role:
- To support the core service finance function to manage an efficient and effective payroll and pensions service.
- To manage the various payroll budget and forecast planning, reporting processes, procedures, and developments.
- Work with and Manage the payroll provider to ensure that Salaries are paid accurately and on time, additional payments including allowances, overtime are accurate and fully supported, deductions such as cycle to work, nursery vouchers, healthcare, maternity schemes are accurate, pay awards are implemented accurately and in line with approval, deductions are correct and in line with HMRC regulations, staff have access to payslips, P60s and P45s where relevant.
- Manage and monitor the performance of the payroll provider and provide pro-active and regular feedback to the Head of Financial Services on value for money and service efficiency with efficiency recommendations.
- Ensure that all payroll timesheets are clearly documented, authorised, reconciled and checked for prior payment before being actioned.
- Work in collaboration with HR to ensure that Individual and combined monthly payroll commitments are recorded accurately.
- Develop and manage a payroll establishment budget and latest forecast that Identifies full cost implications for each establishment post, allocates costs of establishment posts to each relevant cost centre, models and forecasts future pay taking into account pay award and annual spine point increases etc
- Ensure effective communication, day to day liaison and professional relationships with all external parties including our payroll provider, HMRC
- Act as first response advisor to staff in terms of payroll advice
- Keeping up to date with all HMRC payroll legislation best practice and changes including NI contribution rates forecasts.
- Fully understand and take responsibility for the accurate day-to-day and monthly reporting requirements in relation to the pension schemes.
- Build up a strong relationship between the business and each of the various pension providers.
- Develop a complete understanding of how pension contributions are calculated when deducted from earnings and ensure they are calculated correctly.
Personal qualities and skills:
- High professional standards and personal integrity, with high expectations of self and others
- Self-starter, who can work independently, take responsibility and have confidence in the decisions they make.
- Resilient, calm and work under pressure.
- Able to demonstrate a 'can do' attitude to deliver business deadlines.
- Can prioritise and manage a demanding workload and deliver results.
- Critical thinker, with a forensic approach.
- Ability to appropriately challenge others and respectfully present views.
- Articulate verbal and written communication skills with the ability to accurately communicate technical financial and non-financial issues with different individuals and groups.
- Strong IT skills, particularly able to demonstrate a high level of excel skills and experience in a variety of financial systems
- Able to represent and be a credible ambassador for the Trust and Financial Services.
If this role is of interest, please apply online ASAP. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.