Cedar are currently supporting a Charity with the recruitment for a permanent Finance and Payroll Officer to join their team.
Salary: £30,000- £35,000 depending on experience
Hybrid working: 3-4 days per week in the office
Hours: Mon- Thurs 9-5/ Fri 9-3
Reports to: Head of Finance
Location: Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
- Liaise with Payroll providers and deliver all aspects of Payroll.
- Collate timesheets, sickness, and all payroll information ready to pass to payroll provider.
- Liaise with Pension provider/s, cross checking information and ensuring all letters are issued and rates are correct.
- Review payroll reports and prepare and post payroll journals.
- Monitor and action all emails within the Payroll email account, ensuring timely and accurate responses are provided.
- Work with HR to support the leavers process, calculating their money owing, pro-rated annual leave etc.
- Keep contact details for all debtors on the Accounts package updated.
- Accept payments via cash, debit/credit card, bank or cheque
- Investigate discrepancies between amounts received and amounts invoiced, including posting corrections and journals.
- Follow-up on unpaid debts via monthly statements, email, and telephone call as appropriate.
- Keep contact details for all suppliers on the Accounts package updated.
- Ensure that invoices are authorised for payment on a timely basis.
- Reconcile all bank and petty cash accounts monthly, and ensure reconciling items are cleared.
- Monitor all bank balances and cash flow.
- Process ad hoc payments and employee reimbursements such as expenses etc.
- Reconcile accruals and prepayments.
- Control the fixed asset register, including addition of new assets and running of depreciation process.
- Post monthly journals
- Be able to manage your workload and time effectively, prioritising your work as needed.
- Have good commercial awareness and communication skills at all levels.
- Have excellent attention to detail, picking up on errors and rectifying them.
- Ideally, part qualification in ACCA, AAT or similar.
- Ideally the position holder should have diverse experience built up within a range of organisations.
If this role is of interest, please apply online ASAP.