Cedar are currently looking for a Payroll Administrator to join a professional services firm based in Newcastle City Centre on a permanent basis.
Salary: paying up to £28,000 per annum + discretionary performance bonus
Hours of work: 9-5.30 (Mon-Thurs) 9-5 (Fridays)- flexible hours- they could also consider part time
Hybrid working: 2 days per week in their offices
Report into: Senior Payroll Supervisor
Payroll team: 5
What you'll be doing:
- Process end-to-end weekly and monthly payrolls for organisations of varying sizes and complexities.
- Set up pension schemes with various pension providers, providing calculations and distributing of necessary data.
- Work with clients to understand their needs and build excellent professional relationships.
- Ad hoc client secondments.
- Experience in a payroll bureau is essential.
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to work independently on various payrolls end-to-end.
- Good knowledge of Star payroll software would be preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (particularly Excel (import/ export) and Outlook).
- Ability to transfer data from a payroll system to Microsoft Excel and or other payroll systems.
- Good knowledge of Bacs payment process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- A willingness to provide the best service possible to clients with a flexible approach to tasks required to allow you to support the wider payroll team.
- Have an organised, thorough, and diligent approach to work, with the ability to prioritise and manage deadlines effectively.
- Act in a trustworthy capacity at all times and demonstrate superb integrity.
- Due to the nature of work in a professional services firm and in particular the need to meet client deadlines, flexibility and strong time management skills are essential.
If this role is of interest, please apply online ASAP. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.