Our client, a private travel company are looking for an enthusiastic and methodical individual to join their team for a 9-12-month period, supporting the busy AP department with processing credit card payments.
The role is paying £115 - £125 PER DAY (PAYE)
The position is offered as a full time, temporary role, working Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 6.00pm. This is a fully remote working role.
This role supports the Payables Supervisor, ensuring that Accounts Payable activities are executed in line with the company's methodologies. This role will work as part of a shared services function with global counterparts and responsibilities. An ideal candidate will contribute to establishing and maintaining internal controls to ensure accurate, complete, efficient, and timely recording and reporting of financial transactions.
- Process and ensure invoices are coded and recorded to the correct general ledger accounts with correct VAT treatment applied;
- Able to analyse and interpret complicated financial data;
- Prepare and review expense accruals and assists in the preparation of month-end and year-end journal entries;
- Vendor account maintenance;
- Perform reconciliations of vendor statements to the AP sub-ledger;
- Support intercompany reconciliations and entries;
- Prepare payment proposals; verify and send out remittance advices; perform payment postings and clearings;
- Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of invoices, purchase orders, vendor account balances, payment proposals;
- Assist in the development, implementation and communication of Analytics and Accounts Payable policies, procedures, and controls;
- Ensure vendor master data integrity and drive accuracy in all Analytics and Accounts Payable reporting and KPI's;
- Assists with month end close, special projects and ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred;
- Experience in a high volume, automated accounts payable environment;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities across multiple departments and workstreams;
- Experience with SAP or related large ERP systems preferred;
- Advanced proficiency using Microsoft Excel and databases;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, attention to detail, interpersonal, conflict resolution, presentation, and customer service skills;
- Prior experience assisting with month-end close activities such as preparation of accrual schedules, reconciliations, and reviews of aged accounts payable schedules.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted