ROLE: In-House Tax Manager - VAT (Part-time 3 days per week)
SALARY: FTE £70,000 - £85,000
HYBRID: 1 day per week in office
An exciting opportunity working for a construction & property development company as a VAT Manager has come to the market.
As the VAT Manager, you will be a key member of the team where you will be responsible for the VAT compliance and supervision throughout the business, as well as taking the lead on various advisory projects. The role will also involve VAT planning at both a strategic and operational level, working closely with the Head of Tax on the overall Group Tax strategy. Sitting within the wider finance team, you will also work closely with other departments to ensure VAT governance is carried out accordingly.
- Deliver a full range of VAT compliance services, including the preparation of Group VAT returns and sector (construction) specific work such as pension scheme returns, VAT error notices & reverse charge transactions.
- Managing VAT provision and VAT compliance process, whilst identifying and mitigating VAT risks.
- Providing VAT advice to finance team, the wider business, and commercial teams.
- Providing key strategic VAT planning whilst also compiling and presenting quarterly reporting.
- Building & maintaining strong relationships on all VAT issues with HMRC.
- Lead on VAT projects to deliver change and improve financial and operational processes to ensure you are driving efficiency for the business. .
The ideal candidate will be ACA/ACCA/CTA qualified OR qualified by experience (at least 4-5 years of VAT experience). VAT knowledge within the construction sector would be a massive advantage and is desirable; however, it is essential to possess core VAT experience and the ability to inform yourself & be willing to learn new areas of VAT. You must also be a self-starter who is comfortable working with cross-functional teams.
BENEFITS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Hybrid working policy (1 day per week in the office)
- Pension Scheme
- 32 days holiday
- Retail discounts
Please send your CV for consideration. Or for more information, please contact me on or on 07562514078.