A newly created, part-time role has arisen in a large multinational based in Surrey. Reporting to the Head of Tax Operations, you will take ownership over global tax reporting under IFRS working in an established and well respected tax team.
This is an exciting time to join the team, the Group is growing and has recently undergone a huge transformation project and is gearing up for a potential event in the next 12-18 months. As well as Group Tax Reporting, you will also take the lead for delivery in other areas such as country-by-country reporting, BEPS Pillar 2 and emerging tax transparency initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivery of accurate and timely group tax reporting including half year, year-end, budget and forecast.
- Manage the tax consolidation process. Provide technical tax accounting input and ensure all tax disclosures in the group financial statements are correct and complete.
- Identify new and emerging IFRS requirements for tax (including the impact of Pillar 2), and work with the tax and finance teams to ensure issues are addressed.
- Monitor developments in the external tax environment, and help to develop the group's approach to tax transparency across all taxes.
- Identify and deliver process and control improvements
The role has a great deal of potential, you will be able to make a real impact on tax reporting processes, create efficiencies and better processes around group reporting. You will have a background in tax accounting, ideally with companies with an international footprint. The client is open to those coming straight from the profession with a background in tax audit, or those wishing to elevate their in-house role.
The client has a hybrid working set up and so would be office based for 2 days a week. Please get in touch for more information.