City of London, London
£40000 - £45000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Cedar is currently working with a global learning and development company, based in Central London, that is recruiting a Finance Manager to be responsible for the full accounting function while overseeing a junior member of the team.
This role is perfect for someone who has experience within a sole role but is looking to move more towards a management role (while still being hands-on), as the team will grow over the coming year.
The ideal candidate will have experience across the full transaction remit of finance and will come from either a sole role or a position where they are managing a small team, ideally with a Group function.
Some of the duties for the role are:
- Preparation of the UK entities for the consolidated Group financial reporting requirements. This includes Cashflow Management, Balance Sheet and P&L analysis
- Manage a team of Finance Assistants
- Ensure timely and accurate month-end closing
- Responsible for preparation of monthly financial statements (daily cash management and forecast)
- Responsible for accounting processes and tasks (AP & AR process, Credit Control/Collections, GL, account reconciliation - including revenue recognition)
- Ensure that audit schedules are prepared on a monthly basis to ensure that the year-end audit is undertaken in an efficient manner
- Support forecasting and budgeting exercise as per corporate guidelines
- Coordinate and liaise with external parties where required.
- Support and ensure compliance with all finance filing requirements, tax filing requirements, audits, procedures and forms both statutory and internal.
- Assist in new processes and system implementation when required
- Good working knowledge of IFRS
- Any other tasks or projects that may be assigned by the Group CFO
Key Skills Required:
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Currently studying ACCA or CIMA, or QBE
- Good organisational & prioritisation skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach, with a problem-solving mind-set
This is a great opportunity for somebody who is looking to join a fantastic and exciting company, and enhance, as well as utilise, their existing skills.