Origination - Real Estate Credit - Central London - £100k - £200k - + Bonus/Equity
Cedar is partnered with a high growth real estate credit manager who are looking to bolster their origination team in a newly created role reporting to the senior management team. The business is backed by leading institutional investors and they have big plans to expand across the UK and Europe in a very entrepreneurial environment. The role involves spearheading the origination of suitable Whole Loan, Mezzanine or Preferred Equity opportunities across the UK with particular focus on development, distressed and value add transactions.
- Spearhead the origination effort for Whole Loan, Mezzanine and Preferred Equity debt investment across the UK
- Provide ongoing reporting to Senior Management in a comprehensive and structured format and show ongoing ability to adjust origination to relevant market developments
- Construct and execute the origination strategy for the UK market across both the residential and commercial real estate sectors
- Develop an efficient working model of screening new opportunities and filter out effectively situations that are unlikely to match the risk
- Work closely with the Execution teams in order to ensure best in class execution
- Work closely with the Execution/Transaction Management teams to ensure the best On-boarding practices are adhered to
- Minimum of 3 years of direct debt origination experience
- Previous experience with another alternative lender, a real estate debt broker, a bank, a developer or a family office
- Established debt origination track record in the UK residential development finance sector.
- Strong own network of relationships with developers, high net worth individuals, family offices and real estate brokers