Natural Capital Officer
Finance for Sustainability Department
Based in London (hybrid working role 3 days in the office, 2 days from home)
Salary up to £55,000
We have partnered with a sustainable food company who are looking to bring on a driven Natural Capital Officer to join their Finance for Sustainability team.
This an exciting time to join an expanding global business - the Natural Capital Officer role has been created due to company growth.
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing projects focused on alignment and integration of Sustainability & Finance such as Multi Capital Accounting with key focus on Natural Capital Accounting, embedding Natural Capital in business decision making and Taskforce on Nature-related Financial Disclosures (TNFD).
Main responsibilities include:
- Identify and execute innovative projects related to Environmental impact valuation using relevant methodologies and guidance (e.g., Natural Capital Protocol, Value Balancing Alliance, TEEBAgri).
- Work closely with the company's cross-function teams - Sustainability, AtSource, Finance and Operations departments and Business Units to collect, analyze and validate relevant Natural Capital related data.
- Improvise and scale existing work on the Integrated Impact Statement (IIS) - focusing on Natural Capital Accounting.
- Develop and draft the Integrated Impact Statement (IIS) to be published in the Annual Report
- Work on IIS digital tool (Data automation) - to efficiently collate, drive, and track progress of Natural Capital accounting for the Business Units
- Assist in delivering strategic value to various Business Units and to the Finance function to support the purpose of reimagining agriculture and supply chains.
- Review any new or current external initiatives, standards, guidance released related to Sustainability & Finance.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree (preferably in Environment / Sustainability / Social Studies). Finance background preferred but not mandatory.
- 2-3 years of experience in areas such as Natural Capital Impact valuation, Environmental impact valuation, TNFD, Environmental sustainability, Environmental finance & economics, True cost accounting, Integrated capitals assessment etc.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel and other data analysis tools.
- Good PowerPoint presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience using SAP would be desirable
- Prior Big 4 and/or Agribusiness experience is advantageous
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.