Up to £50000 per annum
5 months ago
- Monitor and track the training of all new users, and R2 access across all environments globally.
- Assess any potential training requirements regarding new and existing staff by proactively reviewing data issue metrics and liaising with the metadata teams
- Document processes and standards followed by the central metadata team thus ensuring better training resources for the central metadata staff going forwards
- Create modern and informative training materials, including video, powerpoint, visio and wiki (ServiceNow Knowledge Base) materials
- Work with the Director of Metadata Operations, Data & Process Analyst and Senior Metadata Support Manager to ensure clear visibility (supported by metrics) of issues to inform decision making around individual and group training needs.
- Work with the metadata team to collate all business context and processes that relate to the metadata captured in R2.
- Assist the Metadata Support managers in delivering training materials for their local contacts. and to teach the support managers how to train their dedicated users
- Discuss training material needs with the labels globally to ensure that local requirements are also covered.
- Excellent end to end understanding of music industry metadata and processes covering both pop and classical repertoire, DDEX, iTunes standards etc.
- Ability to create engaging interactive training materials using different mediums, such as video, powerpoint etc.
- Excellent presentation skills and a keen eye for branding / consistency within new and existing training materials and documentation.
- Ability to relay information in a clear and contextualised way, i.e. providing clear reasons behind UMG's policies and standards, and articulating the real-life impact of particular data items and practices.
- Ability to coordinate across departments to ensure all comms and guidance are aligned, consistent and agreed by all stakeholders within the business.
- Ability to unpick and refine conflicting dependencies on certain data items and practices, and clearly document guidance for best practices and standardisation.
- A team player, who's passionate about helping others succeed in their roles.
- Strong IT skills including an ability to spot and derive trends from large data sets.