£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
9 months ago
Cedar are recruiting for a brilliant high-growth business with a buzzing social scene and relaxed work atmosphere. The recently merged and growing business with Head office in Oxford Circus, and 3 regional offices across the UK, are looking for a qualified Management Accountant who can grow into a Head of Finance and fill their shoes.
The Management Accountant will report into the Head of Finance and support the HOF in the efficient running of the Accounts Team. The role will supervise the two Accounts assistants and will be a stepping stone to a management role.
A key aspect of the role is building relationships across the business with non-finance stakeholders and budget holders, becoming a true business partner. It is expected that the role will interact closely with all levels of the firm, including Board Directors.
The Management Accountant will need to be exceptionally organised and should have excellent attention to detail, continually reviewing processes to ensure they are efficient and meeting business requirements.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise the wider Accounts team to ensure the efficient and accurate delivery of work
- Ensuring the timely & accurate preparation of monthly management accounts and board pack including all results, analysis of variances / trends & commentary for the UK
- Responsible for updating and reporting cashflows
- Business partnering with each department to understand performance highs and lows
- Prepare UK and European VAT returns and related reconciliations
- Work alongside HR to prepare and submit monthly payroll and pension to outsourced
- payroll company
- Prepare calculation of monthly commissions and quarterly bonuses to be paid
- Provide financial management information as required for Directors and presentations
- Own and drive the year end Audit alongside the Head of Finance
- Assist the Head of Finance with any ad hoc duties as required
Skills and experience:
- Professional accountancy qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA)
- Solid understanding of double‐entry and book keeping
- Experience in month‐end is essential, including balance sheet reconciliations, P&L analysis, and all necessary journals (including prepayments and accruals)
- Experience working in an SME environment
- Demonstrable experience of meeting deadlines
- Excellent people skills, with ability to build relationships with internal clients
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel, and accounting software applications
(experience of Sage would be desirable)