£38000 - £40000 per annum
21 days ago
Cedar are currently looking for a PQ Management Accountant to join a Recruitment firm based in Central London.
This role will be paying £40,000- £45,000 depending on experience.
- Ensure that each sales ledger transaction is recorded within the nominal ledger.
- Ensure that each purchase ledger liability is recorded in the nominal ledger.
- Ensure that a proper record is maintained of company assets.
- Produce management accounts to agreed formats.
- Utilise nominal ledger routines to post all depreciation charges and any other postings not covered by the sales, purchase and cash book modules.
- Ensure that assets are purchased and disposed of in accordance with properly authorised budgets and procedures.
- Maintain a fixed asset register to record all assets purchased, showing date purchased, description, cost, depreciation applicable and location of asset.
- Retain a copy of the supplier's invoice as part of the fixed asset register to provide third party evidence of the cost of the asset.
- Analysis of fixed asset additions/disposals recording the monthly effect on both the balance sheet and P&L.
- Fixed asset summary schedule reconciling the opening cost and depreciation balances as at the commencement of the financial year to the closing monthly balances.
- Monthly reconciliation of intercompany balances.
- Aged trade debtors analysis reconciled to the monthly balance sheet position together with details of provisions held to cover bad debts.
- Detailed analysis of accruals/prepayments with support schedules backing amounts shown.
- Aged creditors analysis reconciled to monthly balance sheet position.
- Analysed sundry debtors/creditors with support documentation.
- Reconciled payroll and NI/PAYE control accounts.
- Analyse and document reasons for unfavourable/favourable variances between actual and budgeted performance on a monthly basis.
- Supervise the recording of all payments and receipts made by each company such that a daily cash position can be maintained i.e. Supervise the maintenance of the cashbook.
- Highlight all receipts other than those related to debt settlement and ensure that they are properly accounted for.
- Highlight all payments other than those related to the Purchase Ledger and ensure that they are posted weekly.
- Raise cheques (or arrange for cheques to be raised) for settlement of items such as staff travel loans, reimbursement of sales ledger credit balances etc).
- Each cheque is to be supported by an authorised "Voucher" plus supporting documentation. The vouchers are to be stored in date sequence.
- Bank Reconciliation
- Obtain bank statements on a daily basis.
- Each bank account is to be reconciled to the cash book on a weekly basis.
- All unidentifiable items are to be followed up with the bank.
- Petty Cash (International Businesses only)
- Record accrued income (WIP) on a daily basis by reference to the Placement Control certificate 'PCC'.
- Reconcile the invoiced/accrued income position as held within the accounting records to the position as advised by the PCC. The reconciliation is to be undertaken at the end of each month and is to be documented for presentation to the Finance manager by the third working day of each month. (Work in Progress Report.)
- Experienced Assistant Management Accountant/ Management Accountant
- Excellent IT skills including advanced Excel
- Extensive knowledge of UK payroll legislation
- Knowledge of Sage payroll software is an advantage
- Well presented and ability to attend and present at meetings when required
- Staff supervision experience an advantage
- 'Can do' attitude, flexible and willing to become involved and problem solve.
- Willing to take responsibility and see a problem through to solution
- Excellent communication skills
If you are interested in this position, please apply online ASAP.