City of London, London
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonus + 30 days holiday
9 months ago
A young Professional Services firm at the heart of the Financial Services sector. This newly created role will support the FC in managing the finance team and improving the reporting and overall finance function for the business.
Located in the City of London, in bright and modern offices, they also have a fantastic nurturing culture and excellent benefits including 30 days holidays.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Management and control of the Sun accounting system.
- Month-end process, including period-end close, month-end journals and completion of required balance sheet reconciliations.
- Day to day monitoring of bank accounts, liaison with the banks, and preparation of covenant calculations.
- Assistance with external audit - preparation of the statutory accounts, associated audit files, liaison with auditors.
- Preparation of the quarterly VAT return.
- Assistance with corporation tax and PAYE/NI reporting requirements.
- Assistance with the development of operating procedures and policies.
- Assistance with raising of invoices (subscriptions) and associated commercial activities and events
- Supervising the AP and AR team
- Input into the requirements of new accounting standards, taxation changes and other reporting developments.
- Ad hoc project work.
- Other ad-hoc tasks to support the FC and FD
- Qualified Accountant
- Good Excel skills
- Familiar with all aspects of financial accounting, reconciliations and associated controls
- Pro-active 'can do' attitude - willing to accept ownership and responsibility
- Must have a commercial approach with strong desire to understand the business model and work with the business to achieve its aims
- Strong written, oral and aural communication skills