City of London, London
£40000 - £45000 per annum
25 days ago
Management Accountant - - £40k-£45k - - City of London - - Restaurant/Hospitality
Cedar is currently working closely with an instantly recognisable restaurant group that is recruiting an experienced Management Accountant to joing their team in London.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful Management Accountant will have industry-relevant experience (either hospitality, leisure, retail) and will have experience of accounting for at least 20+ sites, as this role will be oversseing c80 sites for the Group.
The team is very close-knit, and they are looking for someone who will fit in with the fast-paced environment.
Some of the duties for the role are:
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of period-end close and group consolidation
- Liaise with the external auditors and manage the year end audit process to ensure it is completed on time, ensuring that identified issues are relayed to the FM and FC
- Prepare the year-end consolidation and statutory accounts for all Group companies
- Prepare the year-end tax disclosures, working with the Group's tax adviser to ensure timely preparation of all Group corporation tax computations and returns
- Support a finance transformation programme to ensure best in class processes and rock-solid financial control
- Develop and maintain the Group Fixed Asset Register
- Monitor and maintain Capex controls processes
- Ensure Capital Allowances are claimed appropriately
- Prepare all Government statistical returns on a timely basis.
- Relevant sector experience would be advantageous - Hospitality, Leisure, multi-site Retail or FMCG
- A positive attitude who operates effectively but can be resilient when needed
- Someone with a 'can do' attitude who is not afraid to get stuck into processes and systems that require improvement
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Great relationship building skills and a strong communicator
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Intermediate Excel skills
This is a great opportunity for somebody who is looking to join a fantastic and exciting company, and enhance, as well as utilise, their existing skills.