Cedar is currently partnered with a dynamic renewable energy business, at the cutting edge of the energy market, to help them secure an Interim Management Accountant for their London Office. The role is a 6-month initial contract, paying a day rate between £400-450 per day.
This London-based business is growing well and is pursuing a mission to improve the reputation of the energy industry. This role is needed with a rapid start to increase the team's capacity at a time of significant demands from internal and external stakeholders.
The role involves overseeing the timely and accurate completion of month-end closing tasks, including preparing and reviewing journal entries, accruals, prepayments, and deferrals. It includes analysing and reconciling key balance sheet accounts, collaborating with different teams for accurate financial reporting, participating in financial control maintenance, process improvement, and implementing best practices:
- Execute month-end close activities in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring the completeness of financial data.
- Prepare and review journal entries, accruals, prepayments, and deferrals, maintaining detailed documentation for audit and reporting purposes.
- Reconcile and analyse key balance sheet accounts, investigating and resolving discrepancies as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, providing insightful analysis and commentary on variances.
- Participate in process improvements to streamline month-end activities and enhance overall efficiency.
- Lead or support ad hoc finance projects, e.g. cleaning up the debtors and credits ledger.
You will ideally have:
- Prior experience in a Management Accounting role.
- A hands-on approach to delivery of month end, able to handle manual tasks as well as process improvement initiatives.
- Prior experience in an interim / contract role would be beneficial but not necessary.
- The rate of £400-450 per day represents a fair value, or logical increase on your previous salary or day rate.
Compensation & Benefits
As well as the day rate of £400-450 per day, this contract role as Interim Financial Controller, offers the chance to join a cutting-edge renewable energy business, that is trying to drive a positive change in their market.
Their highly impressive West London office is walking distance from multiple tube and rail stops. The company is very happy to have someone work largely remotely, to accommodate candidates based further from the office.