Management Accountant (PQ)
£40,000 - £45,000 (dependent on relevant experience)
Excellent benefits + partial study support
Hybrid role (3 days per week in the office)
We have partnered with a highly successful and fast-growing recruitment business who are looking for an ambitious and energetic PQ Management Accountant to join their dynamic team.
This position is a newly created role due to company growth, so a great opportunity for the successful candidate to make a positive impact and make the role their own.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 -3 years' experience within Management Accounts/Assistant Management Accounts with a background working within either recruitment or professional services.
- Preparation of management accounts for all entities to deadlines
- Draft OPEX for review and to ensure appropriate descriptions/cost centre/splits
- Assist with drafting of group consolidation
- Profitability and contribution reporting by team/region
- Month end revenue review / reconciliation
- Record employee payroll and pension journals and ensure salary control account is reconciled
- Raise management recharges across entities
- Commission & bonus workings for approval and posting to accounting system
- Review and upload of trial balances from outsourced accountants where applicable (e.g. certain overseas entities)
- Reconciling any differences as identified on BS and PL accounts
- Maintain balance sheet reconciliations for all entities, ensuring all items at month end are reconciled
- Reconcile intercompany transactions and balances
- FX review and revaluations of balance sheets
- Invoice discounting facility reconciliation for submission to bank
- Preparation of HMRC returns for review including, VAT, Intermediaries, P11D/PSA and other statutory returns required
- Assist with audits as required (bank, auditors)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly organised, with ability to meet tight deadlines and operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Good excel skills (Vlookup, Sumif, Pivot tables etc.)
- Strong interest and ability with systems and technology
- Continuous improvement mindset (processes, reporting etc.)
- Able to collaborate and engage with sales teams and non-finance colleagues
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA finalist
- VAT returns, P11D/PSA, Intermediaries and other statutory returns
- Invoice discounting experience
- Experience working in a business with international operations/entities.
- Projects & systems implementation experience (desirable)
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.