Cedar are supporting a leading insurance brokerage based in Central London in the search for a finalist Management Accountant to join the business on a 18 month FTC basis.
As the Management Accountant, you will continue to take the next step in finishing your exams, lead on the management of accounts payable team and provide a high quality of accounting and reporting for the CFO.
- Processing of month end journals and ownership of the month end timetable
- Ensuring communication across finance leads to creating a streamline process
- Taking ownership of the monthly management accounts reporting pack
- Input of budget data and variance analysis to monthly actuals to ensure the management accounts accurately reflect business performance
- Preparing accurate balance sheet reconciliations
- Managing accounts payable team (2) on a day to day basis
- Supporting the AP team with insights and improvements with the PO process
- Completing quarter end VAT returns and submission to HMRC
- Key involvement with both internal and external auditors
- Ownership of the relationship with the bankers and superuser on the systems
- Finalist or QBE accountant - ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- MUST HAVE experience with processing and managing month end cycle
- Experience with completing VAT
- Highly analytical and strong problem solving skills
- Able to identify and suggest and implement improvements
- Able to work well under pressure
- Experienced in SAP - advantageous
- Experience in implementing a new ERP/EPM system - advantageous
This role offers hybrid working, requiring the commitment of 1 working day per week in the office.
You will need to be on a notice period no longer than 4 weeks be considered for this role.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.