Management Accountant - Central London
PE backed high-growth US firm
£50-55k + 10% bonus + flexible working
Are you a creative, ambitious recently qualified Accountant looking for a dynamic environment where you can develop in an autonomous role and truly add value?
A growing recently PE backed U.S. business services firm (c.£200m turnover) with an international client base servicing multiple sectors from Consumer Brands to Media & Technology, is seeking to bring on-board an ambitious recently qualified Management Accountant to help support the business during an exciting time of international expansion and PE investment.
The role is based in their awesome central London (zone 1) offices which include a games room - think TV, PlayStation, Ping Pong table etc. and will be offering flexible working - think 3 days in the office, 2 from home. They have a collaborative, nurturing and inclusive culture where people with ambition can work autonomously to reach their full potential, with a good work-life balance, and support and development wherever needed.
The business is on a strong growth trajectory and there will be real opportunities to grow your role and progress as the business continues to expand internationally. The business has had consistent double-digit year-on-year growth, continuously expanding into new territories having recently acquired a large player in China, and this role will play an integral part in supporting these future growth plans and special projects.
You will need to be creative, able to think and work fast, as to quickly adapt in a dynamic environment where there are constant business projects to support such as integrating new acquisitions. The company also host an annual work party in the US so there is the opportunity to travel with the team to the US for that annual event.
The role of the Management Accountant will be to maintain an efficient and accurate Management Information for both internal and external users. You will assist the team in improving the quality of processes; providing financial support and analysis to stakeholders across the business. You will also partner Operations, helping to plan and challenge Opex spending across the business.
- Preparation of Monthly Accruals and prepayments and journal entries for the UK and EMEA entities
- Perform analysis of monthly accounts (actual vs. budget/forecast), review results with management teams and respond to questions or requests for analysis
- Performing monthly GL balance sheet reconciliations
- Analyse and interpret financial data and recommend changes to improve systems and improve financial performance, including opportunities for driving efficiency's.
- Provide ad-hoc support as necessary to the FD and Senior Finance Team, aiding expansion into new countries and helping to set up efficient finance processes and integrate newly acquired businesses
- Support Payroll including preparing payroll journals (compensation, commissions, bonuses and employee benefits), headcount allocation, accrued liabilities, prepaid assets, cash, fixed assets and other assets/liabilities for the EMEA entities.
To be successful in this role you will need to be:
- A recently qualified/soon to be, ACCA / ACA / CIMA accountant
- Previous experience of working with medium to large sized businesses with exposure to multi-currency environments either from industry or practice
- Good communication skills are essential to partner senior operational people across the business, as are good planning and organisational skills