Cedar is partnering with a rapidly growing fin tech organisation who are looking for a Management Accountant for an initial 3-month contract. Please note that this role offers flexible working with a requirement to go into the office for 2/3 days a week. This role is also within scope so will be inside IR35.
- Prepare month-end journals for all fixed costs including managing the prepayment and accrual movements and schedules.
- Business partnering with Commercial Finance and the stakeholders in the business for forecast vs actual results.
- Support junior staff members and cross-team knowledge including assisting with AP coding queries.
- Fixed cost forecasting both people and non people costs, as well as capex. Analyse the actuals to help drive strong working assumptions to help produce forecasts for all fixed costs lines as well as capex.
- Review and partner with HR/payroll on monthly payroll in both UK and Ireland for over 400+ employees including relevant payments and submissions.
- Manage the process for capitalisation of Development costs and Development cost information required for the annual R&D tax credit
- Manage the fixed asset register and associated month-end processes.
- Prepare monthly schedules to compliment the reporting pack - highlighting, investigating and reporting on variances.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for fixed assets, payroll accounts and other accounts that fall as part of management reporting.
- Assist the set up of departmental reporting, and partnering within departmental stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Prepare external reporting including UK & Ireland VAT returns, Intrastat and Office of National Statistics reports.
- Undertake other projects and analysis on an ad hoc basis.
- Relevant qualification- ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in a similar role is essential
- Experience within tech/fintech is highly desirable
- Excellent system skills