I am currently working exclusively with a leading international business services group that are looking to hire a divisional Financial Controller for their office in Bertrange, Luxembourg . The successful candidate will oversee statutory reporting and ensure tax compliance for various European divisions.
This key position will be responsible for managing, advising and supporting the European entities for Balance Sheet, P&L and any financial and audit matters/issues.
You will ensure that internal controls and group policies are adhered to and will provide specialist advice on complex technical financial and tax matters.
- Be responsible to ensure that all internal controls and financial policies set by the group are applied and adhered to.
- Partner with the line managers to improve the visibility and importance of Finance within the area, ensuring buy-in from all other operational areas.
- Ensure that internal and external financial reporting requirements are met.
- Monitor regional spending against budget.
- Work on various ad-hoc projects as required by region or group finance.
- Ensure direct and indirect tax compliance within the region.
- Assist in the Setup/close/merge entities within the region if required by the company and liaise with lawyers, Treasury and Tax to achieve this
- Qualified Accountant with minimum four years' experience in Finance/Accounting, ideally in a multinational company or in Big 4 Accountancy practice.
- University degree in Finance, Business Administration or equivalent
- European FRENCH GAAP and IFRS knowledge
- Previous experience with external audits
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite of applications, particularly Excel
- Fluency in English and French is required