Lead Category Manager - IT and Digital . NHS Commercial Solutions . Dorking / Remote work (hybrid working) . £48,971 - £55,064 DOE (including £1,854 fringe London Weighting supplement)
Cedar are currently working with NHS Commercial Solutions, a not for profit, shared services hub, which offers collaborative solutions across the NHS and Wider public sector. They are currently looking for a Lead Category Manager to look after IT and Digital spend across various projects and programmes for their customer base. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious procurement professional, with good knowledge of public sector procurement regulations, to join an innovative organisation which is directly supporting the national health service and to improve patient outcomes on a not for profit basis.
Reporting into the associate procurement director, the post holder will take the lead on a portfolio of sourcing categories within IT and Digital ensuring contract compliance, sustainable cost improvements, and a range of other procurement services. They will work closely with NHS Trust procurement teams across their customer base to ensure cohesive strategies in the delivery of products and services. The ideal candidate will be an experienced procurement professional from a public sector organisation and have a good understanding of different routes to market. They will also be a confident communicator, comfortable with advising and supporting stakeholders from external organisations and engaging with suppliers to ensure the best commercial outcomes.
Responsibilities of the Lead Category Manager - IT and Digital
- Support the development and delivery of strategic category management
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that service specifications, procurement evaluation criteria and assessment processes are fit for purpose and will result in the effective procurement of individual services
- Support delivery against an annual procurement delivery plan in line with the organisations objectives to support Acute, Community and Mental Health Trusts for collaborative and independent projects
- To manage a rolling workplan capturing and managing procurement intentions for a range of NHS organisations.
- Manage individual procurements as a project using appropriate project management principles
- Liaise with and manage independent contractors, maintaining effective partnership working whenever external procurement resource is required
- Provide specialist procurement support and advice to budget holders, stakeholders and other partners
- Ensure that procurements are conducted in line with the process required from the standing financial instructions, regional, and national rules
Skills and Experience
- Strong experience within a public sector procurement environment, with experience running full open tenders
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Specialism in IT and Digital procurement (desirable)
- A procurement qualification or related university degree (desirable)
Salary and Benefits
- £48,971 - £55,064 DOE (including £1,854 fringe London Weighting supplement)
- NHS Pension
- Hybrid Working Model 3 days remote work - 2 days in office
- A range of other benefits including various discounts and salary sacrifice options
Apply now to be considered!