South West London, London
£25000.00 - £28000 per annum
4 months ago
Cedar is currently recruiting a Junior Finance Analyst for a global media company based near Kensington/Hammersmith.
The company brand is well-known, and enjoys a fantastic reputation, and offers a fantastic working environment along with some great benefits.
This role will initially to support the other two senior analysts in the team, with a view to learning the full remit for the position as the role progresses.
No experience in a previous Analyst position is necessary, as this role lends itself perfectly to someone who has around 1+ years' experience within finance.
The ideal candidate will be degree-educated, have started studying or be looking to start studying ACCA/CIMA, and have some experience to working within a finance department.
Some of the duties for the role are:
- Provide financial accounting and operation support to the Supply Chain team.
- Ownership of the entities month end processing, P/L, Balance Sheet, cash controls, bank and intercompany reconciliations, and journal posting.
- Inventory analysis
- Provide financial and operational support to the Licensee and Emerging Markets business.
- Lead Licensee Reporting Process while helping to prepare management accounts for individual Licensees, the Licensee business as a whole and WMG Emerging Market Territories.
- Liaise with royalties, IT and Legal departments to ensure financial information is timely and accurate.
- Management of TV royalty break process across International region; including analysis of approvals, break summaries, accruals and recoveries.
- Liaising with Royalties and IT teams to ensure timely and accurate flow of information to enable recovery from Artist.
- Management and improvement of workflow system around TV Royalty Break process.
- Various ad-hoc requests across the Recorded Music division.
- Liaise with Finance shared services on Accounts Payable/Receivable issues.
- Bachelor's degree
- Around 1+ years' experience within finance
- Started studying, or looking to study CIMA or ACCA
- Highly numerate with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work through problems logically
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate with all staff levels
- Good level of Excel
This is a great opportunity for somebody who is looking to join a fantastic and exciting company, and enhance, as well as utilise, their existing skills.