South West London, London
Up to £25000 per annum
6 months ago
Cedar is currently recruiting a Junior Finance Analyst for a global media company based near Kensington/Hammersmith.
The company brand is well-known, and enjoys a fantastic reputation, and offers a fantastic working environment along with some great benefits.
This role will initially to support the other two senior analysts in the team, with a view to learning the full remit for the position as the role progresses.
No experience in a previous Analyst position is necessary, as this role lends itself perfectly to someone who is new to their finance career but knows they want to continue down the analyst route.
The ideal candidate will be degree-educated, and will either be looking to study/studying AAT, and have some exposure to working within a finance department.
Some of the duties for the role are:
- Analyse and review financial submissions at month-end
- Collation and analysis of global weekly sales and development of the sales reporting process
- Respond to various ad-hoc requests relating to financial analysis and reporting
- Analyse regular cash flow reports from global divisions for the forecast and budget process
- Maintain the key release system for actual, forecast and budget submissions including updating titles and reconciliations to financial reporting systems.
- Review release schedule information, including liaison with research and analysis team, marketing, affiliates and US labels to assist in timely and accurate submissions.
- Review and report on sales data and review variances against previous targets and follow up with territory finance teams on reporting issues
- Review and report on sales revenue and review variances against previous targets
- Bachelor's degree
- Studying AAT or AAT qualified - looking to study CIMA or ACCA
- Highly numerate with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work through problems logically
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate with all staff levels
- Good level of Excel
This is a great opportunity for somebody who is looking to join a fantastic and exciting company, and enhance, as well as utilise, their existing skills.