Junior Commercial Finance Analyst - Publishing
Permanent, full-time role
£30,000 + study support
Hybrid working model
Based in Central London
Cedar have partnered with a very well recognised global publishing company who are looking for a bright and ambitious Junior Commercial Finance Analyst to join their well-established team.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the Commercial Finance team. The commercial finance team work very closely with embedded publishing teams and are responsible for preparation of investment cases for acquisitions, profitability reviews, annual budget, month end analysis and reporting, regular forecasting, long term planning and ad hoc reporting (internal and external).
A keen interest in and passion for reading and the creative industry is an absolute must! This is a forward thinking, progressive company where there is lots of opportunity for internal growth and movement.
- Timely production of departmental P&Ls and detailed sales and title profitability reports in order to ensure completeness and accuracy of forecast and budget data.
- Detailed analysis of Forecast and Budget vs previous data sets (actuals, prior forecasts etc).
- Collaborate with non-financial departments (e.g. editorial, sales, production and marketing) to compile relevant information for budget and forecast
- Take personal ownership for timely and accurate production of reporting packs for the Commercial Director to present to UK exec members including the CFO and CEO.
- Prepare month end analysis of actual performance of the divisions (and departments within) against forecast and budget
- Ensure cost control by identifying and understanding major variances to forecast and budget
- Ownership of reports for monthly divisional executive meetings, including month end commercial pack
- Preparation of investment cases for new acquisitions liaising with key departments to obtain the relevant information
- Post publication reviews to show title performance vs acquisition expectation
- Experience in a fast-paced finance team, to include involvement in budgeting, forecasting and month end reporting.
- Commitment to gaining an ACCA/CIMA qualification
- Excel skills including formulas, charts and pivot tables
- Ability to communicate complex financial information to non-financial staff - both written and verbal.
- Highly organised and able to juggle several different projects at once
- High level of attention to detail
- Analytical skills to include investigation and explanation of the causes of variances.
- Passion for reading is essential for this role
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted