Junior Commercial Finance Analyst
Permanent, full-time role
Salary up to £31,000
London based Publisher
Based in Central London
Cedar have partnered with a global award-winning Publisher who are looking for an enthusiastic Junior Commercial Analyst who is passionate about reading books to join their team.
The Junior Analyst will work within the Commercial Finance team completing forecasts and budgets, acquisition process, month end financial reporting requirements and various other commercial and strategic support.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and a strong academic background.
- Forecasting and Budgeting:
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting to enable financials to be consolidated into the group P&L for reporting to the US.
- Ensuring that the timing and phasing of the future releases are accurately reflected in the budget and forecast.
- Work with other areas of the business (e.g. editorial, sales, production and marketing) to gain relevant information to help compile budget and forecast.
- Input/update budget/forecast in Hyperion Planning Finance system.
- Acquisitions Process Related:
- Review and report on previous published book performance to assist with influencing decisions for future acquisitions
- Assist in preparation of investment cases for new acquisitions
- Financial Reporting
- Assist in month end analysis of actual performance of the division against forecast and budget.
- Assist in preparation of reports for monthly divisional executive meetings, including month end commercial pack.
- Review and report on month end marketing costs
- Produce daily sales reports that track actual performance against forecast and budget.
- Royalties Reporting
- Produce bespoke royalties' templates for licensors as requested.
- Track the earned/unearned positions of advances paid out to licensors.
- Prepare any additional ad hoc analysis as requested by management
- Ad hoc analysis and support of the division
- To assist the commercial team when required to provide the division with financial information to assist with further commercial decisions, examples of this include:
- Sales reporting to show trends and inform future forecasts.
- Ebook to physical trend analysis
- Analysis of costs - production, marketing, plant, royalties
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.