Prestigious central government organisation are looking for an IT Project Manager to join their high profile transformation programme. You will work closely with the IT Programme Manager who has responsibility for the IT infrastructure transformation programme which relates to multiple projects and workstreams. Current projects include networks, data centre (on prem to cloud based), end user devices/equipment and implementation of a new common data platform to manage secure data and sensitive information - managing high volumes of secure data and implementing measures to protect how this is stored. You will act as an interface with internal and external stakeholders, overseeing multiple areas of the programme simultaneously and managing IT risk and secure data management for the organisation - this may include outsourcing projects and mentoring of junior project managers.
You will have a proven track record in Public Sector IT Project Management and be technically minded (NB you do not have to be a technical PM for this role) and ideally have worked in a security cleared environment. You must be proactive and personable and have the ability to hit the ground running, advising stakeholders on process, risk and IT Project management process to ensure delivery is met and programme milestones are delivered.
- Previous experience of managing multiple IT Projects in the Public Sector/central gov
- Projects to include secure data management, data centres/cloud, networks, hardware
- IT services outsourcing experience
- Management of senior stakeholders internally and externally
- Experience of managing outsourced suppliers for large scale agreements
- Good relationship building skills - gravitas
- Clear and confident communicator, builds rapport quickly
- Must be pragmatic and results focused!
- Current security clearance is highly desirable
- Please note this role is 1 day pw in London - Inside IR35
- MSP/Prince 2